Smith is alleged to have suffocated an unconscious victim
An arrest warrant issued for the Seattle Seahawks defensive end, Aldon Smith, Regarding an alleged second degree assault in the New Orleans area Saturday night, the St. Bernard District Attorney confirmed Berry Nicosia.
They noted that Smith allegedly suffocated an unconscious victim during a confrontation that began inside a cafeteria in Chalmette, Louisiana, and that the order was signed by the court the following day.
The alleged incident rises to a second degree attack because the victim lost consciousness, according to Nicosia. He said the victim was taken to hospital, but did not have to stay overnight.
In a press release, the St. Bernard County Prosecutor’s Office said the alleged victim had suffered “serious injuries” and that a convicted perpetrator of second-degree assault faces a fine of up to $ 2,000 and / or up to eight years in prison.
According to a press release from the office of the Mayor of Saint Bernard Parish, the deputies responded to a request for medical assistance, and when they arrived, they contacted a victim who stated that she had been assaulted by an acquaintance. CID investigators identified the suspect as Smith.
WDSU TV station in New Orleans was the first to report that Smith was wanted for the accident, adding that he believed part of the accident was recorded on video. The prosecutor’s office indicates that it wasn’t sure how much was videotaped.
According to the Research Bulletin of Saint Bernard Archdiocese shared by WDSU, Smith does not have a local address, but does have relatives in the New Orleans area. Smith, 31, signed a one-year contract with the Seahawks just two days earlier, on April 15, after reviving his career with the Dallas Cowboys in 2020. Details of Smith’s one-year contract with Seattle.