WhatsApp, one of the most popular instant messaging applications, has many tricks for its users. One of them is Create a secret chat with another contacteither to hide the content of the conversation or leave no trace in the chat.
(Also read: WhatsApp and its subscription plan: what would this new alternative look like?)
This “shortcut” is completely safe and to access it you do not need to download another application or resort to other tools. Alternatively, this can be done from the WhatsApp app itself.
(Next to: This is how they blackmailed professionals via WhatsApp by offering them contracts)
The key to creating a “secret chat” with someone on WhatsApp is Temporary Messages, an optional feature that can be turned on for more privacy. After that, we tell you step by step.
(See also: WhatsApp Web, Memos and “All It Can Do” While Charging)
Step by Step
1. Make sure that you have the latest update of WhatsApp installed on your cell phone. Next, open the app and go to the conversation you want to make “secret”.
2. Click The contact’s name is at the top, right next to the profile picture. The user information will appear there.
3. Scroll down and select the Temporary Messages tab. There you must click.
(of interest: WhatsApp introduces communities and other new features of the app)
4. A new menu will appear in which you can set the duration of messages (see image). When temporary messages are enabled, messages can be set to disappear 24 hours (1 day), 7 days, or 90 days after they are sent. For a “secret conversation” with a person, it is recommended to choose the 24 hour option.
5. Once the function is activated on time, Text messages, photos, videos, documents or voice notes sent in that chat will disappear automatically When the time limit expires. Thus, the content of the conversation will be hidden.
(Next to: WhatsApp: What happens to the account when the user dies)
Please note that the most recent selection will only affect new messages and the setting does not apply to messages sent or previously received in chat.
Also note that in a one-on-one chat, temporary messages can be turned on or off by any user.
(Read on: Batteries! Whatsapp will not work on these phones)
In a group chat, any participant in the group can turn temporary messages on or off. However, in the case of groups, Administrators can change settings to allow only admins to turn this option on or off.
Finally, if you want to deactivate Temporary Messages, just follow the same steps and choose the Inactive option.
“Proud web fanatic. Subtly charming twitter geek. Reader. Internet trailblazer. Music buff.”
WhatsApp Plus 2023: Download APK and How to Install Latest Version on Android | United States | USA | USA | uses
They discovered the brightest gamma-ray burst ever
Water on the moon! China has 270 billion tons of reserves