Photo: Minerva Studio / Shutterstock
A man from Alberta, Canada was pleasantly surprised after discovering that he won more on a lottery ticket than he originally thought. and that is , When Vernon Burby of Sherwood Park takes his lottery ticket for the game “6/49” to a local store the day after the raffle to check if he has won anything, he is shocked to discover that he has won $250,000 Canadian (about $192,500) American).
The Daily Hive reports that Burpee remembers when he went to claim his prize at the Western Canada Lottery Company (WCLC) offices “I went and checked my tickets.”
“I thought I won 25,000 Canadian dollars (about 19,260 USD). I checked it again and saw that it was just a few numbersso I then handed it over to the employee to review for me,” added the lucky winner.
Burby said he checked his ticket back into the lottery auto-verifier before he got a check to go with the cashier.
The guy matches all seven numbers of the winning bonus number: 27144985, and wins the game’s jackpot.
Burpee purchased her winning ticket at a 7-Eleven store at 9655 63rd Avenue on August 22.
The man said he would save his money. “I will put everything in the bank,” he said.
You may also like:
– Someone wins $25,000 a year for life while playing the lottery but waits 9 months to receive their prize
– The mother of a South Carolina family went to buy a pizza, took the opportunity to buy a $2 scrape and won $50,000
– New York man wins a million dollar lottery, but only gets half the money for taxes
– A Missouri woman stopped in a store to get a quick groceries and won about $800,000 playing a scratch game
– North Carolina woman tells her boyfriend that she won $500 in the lottery, and he asks her to check the ticket well, and it turns out that she won $150,000
– A man couldn’t find the scratch ticket he wanted, had to buy from another game and win $100k
“Social media evangelist. Student. Reader. Troublemaker. Typical introvert.”