Many people decide to move to the US in search of a better job, but to find that position they want, they need to obtain a work permit that allows them to access benefits. Pay attention!
Many decide to leave their loved ones and their country in search of better opportunities. In this environment, some foreigners decide to travel America So that they can start a new life at that place and help their loved ones financially. To do this, it is important to have a work permit called an employment authorization document (EADits summary in English).
This document will allow you to access a job status with benefits such as promotion, applying for better positions, obtaining residency, etc. To learn more about this subject, Deborah has produced this informative article.
How to submit the form?
To apply for EAD, we have to follow the steps shared below. Remember that it is important to have the indicated documents with you.
- Read the instructions for the same Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization)
- Complete and sign your Form I-765
- If applicable, pay the filing fee
- Provide all necessary evidence and documents.
Who can apply for EAD?
Before requesting an EAD, you need to make sure you meet the requirements, as not all foreigners can apply for that document.
- If you have immigrant status or are in certain circumstances, such as an asylum seeker, refugee, or U nonimmigrant visa, you may be allowed to work in the United States. However, you must also prove your employment authorization.
- This allows you to remain in the United States if you have a Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Resident or Application to Adjust Status) in progress, a Form I-589 (Application for Asylum and Application for Removal) in process, or are a nonimmigrant without first applying for employment authorization from USCIS. It does not authorize you to work (for example, if you are a student on an F-1 or M-1 visa).
How much do I have to pay to apply for an EAD work permit?
There are two prices, and you need to take into account your immigration status in the US to determine the right one.
- Filing Fee: It costs US$410, although in some cases you don’t have to pay.
- Biometric Services: It costs 85 USD.
Can I work in the US if I don’t have an EAD permit yet?
No, in addition, the risks of working without a proper permit can be serious in some cases, and we will tell you what they are:
- 3 to 10 years barred from re-entering the US.
- Problems with visa processing, change of immigration status and other benefits.
What happens if you work without an EAD?
This can have negative consequences on obtaining legal status in the country and on future immigration applications. It should also be noted that most employers will not hire people without a valid EAD.
What is EAD or Work Permit in USA?
This is an official government certificate that authorizes citizens or legal permanent residents to work in the United States and those who wish to work in the country. It serves as proof of employment authorization and is issued only after the appropriate application has been approved.
This may interest you
“Music ninja. Analyst. Typical coffee lover. Travel evangelist. Proud explorer.”