TJX Companies, which owns the TJ Maxx and Marshalls chains, announced on… Closing a number of its stores In two major cities in the United States.
The company confirmed in a statement the closure of several branches early next January, two of which will be in New York, one in Chicago, and another in Philadelphia.
The branches that will be closed are the following:
· Marshall: 610 Outer Street, Bronx
· TJ Maxx: 503 Fulton Street, Brooklyn
· TJ Maxx: 1008 S. Street. canal
· Marshall: Snyder Plaza.
Some of these stores had been in business for a decade or more, so they were considered pillars of their communities.
TJX Companies justified the closing of the New York stores by citing economic reasons and saying it was evaluating its overall real estate strategy.
Stores that will continue to operate
Although these three branches are closed, the company confirms this It will continue to operate several stores In the same districts and regions.
Some of the stores that will continue to operate in the Bronx and Brooklyn areas of New York and in the Chicago area are:
· 2952 Third Avenue, Bronx, New York 10455
· 845 White Plains Road, Bronx (Bruckner), NY 10473
· 1450 Eastern Blvd., Bronx, NY 10462
· 1630 East 15th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11229
· 410 Gateway Drive, Brooklyn, NY 11239
· 11 North State Street, Chicago, 60602
· 2739 N. Clark Street, Chicago, 60614
· 3262 West Belmont Street, Chicago, 60618
· 4932 South Kedzie Street, Chicago, 60632
· 6456 West Irving Park Road, Chicago, 60634
· 6165 N Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, 60659
The decision to close these stores appears to be part of a strategic adjustment made by TJX Companies in response Changes in the retail environmentwhich has been significantly impacted by the pandemic and consumers’ increased budget awareness.
The company remains committed to providing a satisfying shopping experience and quality products at affordable prices at its remaining locations.
· The best places to buy cheap furniture in the United States, according to USNews
· Black Friday 2022: What time will major retailers like Target, Costco, and Walmart open their doors?
· TJ Maxx and Ross are offering special discounts due to overstock of prestigious brands
“Social media evangelist. Student. Reader. Troublemaker. Typical introvert.”