If you don't have access to a GPS-enabled browser, printing directions from Google Maps may be the best option when traveling.
Nowadays, most cars have GPS, Android Auto, or, failing that, a mobile phone holder. If you're a professional, you're probably using Google Maps for trucks, and even if you're not, this is likely the app that guides you directly on your travels. However, there are people who for some reason need to carry a paper map. The ideal thing to avoid getting lost is that we carry not only the map, but also the directions of the route we want to take. So, we will teach you how to do it Print maps from Google Maps With its relevant instructions.
Print a map from your computer
When we want to print a map, the most common thing is to do this From a computer that we have connected physically or via Bluetooth to the printer. We won't be able to get information right now to avoid traffic on Google Maps, but we will have directions to get to our destination. The steps to follow are as follows:
- entrance Web version of Google Maps.
- In the search box, enter the address to which you want to print the map.
- Click on the icon that shows the exact place you want to go on the map.
- In the side menu, click Titles.
- Choose the starting point you want it to give you directions from. If you want your starting point to be your current location, select My location in the lower right corner of Google Maps.
- Click on the button with three horizontal lines that you will find at the top left to access the options menu.
- In the side menu, press the Print button.
- Select your printer and print settings and print your map.
Once you've completed all of these steps, you'll have on paper all the step-by-step directions you need to know to get from where you are to where you want to go. You should keep that in mind The instructions can extend to several pagesEspecially if the trip you are preparing to take is very long. In general, it is usually best to carry it on your mobile phone and have it point you along the way, but if you cannot activate Google Maps throughout the trip, it is recommended to print it out.
Print a Google Maps map from your mobile phone
Although it's usually easier to use a computer when printing a document, if you don't have an Internet-connected computer on hand, it's also possible to print your map directly from your mobile phone. To do this, you will have to connect your phone to the printer via Bluetooth. Once this is done, you will have to follow these steps:
- Open the Google Maps application.
- Find the address of the destination you want to reach.
- Click on the pin that appears on the map indicating the specific point you are going to.
- On the screen that appears, tap How to get there.
- By default, your current location will appear as the starting point. If you want to change it, type the starting point in the first text field that appears at the top.
- Click on the three-dot icon that will appear next to the starting point.
- From the menu that appears, select Share Directions.
- A list of all the apps where you can share directions will appear. Select the application that is compatible with your printer.
- Follow the steps in your printer application to print the instructions.
Keep in mind that the print option will not appear directly in the sharing options. If you can't find your printer app or don't know how to use it properly, you can also share your Google Maps route with another app that allows you to print directly (such as the Notes app on your smartphone) and then print from there. The result will be the same as if you had done it from a computer, but you won't have to go through the computer.
Advantages of downloading a Google Maps paper map
Having a Google Maps map directly on your phone is usually more convenient than looking at sheets. But there are several reasons why we might decide not to do this. If you're going to go down a path where you can missing coverage, It is important to carry a copy of the instructions on paper. It's also a good option if you don't have a car charger, since your phone's battery might die, in which case you'll be lost in the middle of nowhere.
If you don't want to consume a lot of data, you can choose between printing your map or… Download it for offline access.
In order to always be up to date with the latest technologies, Subscribe to the official and approved Andro4all channel on WhatsApp.
“Proud web fanatic. Subtly charming twitter geek. Reader. Internet trailblazer. Music buff.”