Earthquake in America today on October 10. The country has great seismic activity, due to the geographical position of the continent located between various tectonic plates, which are in constant motion and friction, which often produces telluric movements of varying intensity. Because of this, you will know with official information what time, what magnitude and where the earthquake was recorded. United States Geological Survey USGS).
- Earthquake Emergency Backpack – How to make one and what items it should contain
Tremors in the United States today, December 10 via USGS
According to studies by USGS experts, the regions in the United States that regularly experience earthquakes are the North American Plate, the Pacific Plate, the Rocky Mountains, and the counties near the Tennessee Valley.
Which states in the US record the most earthquakes?
- The West Coast of the United States is an area of high seismic activity due to subduction of the Pacific Plate beneath the North American Plate. This region includes the states of California, Oregon, Washington and Alaska.
- The Rocky Mountains are another area of high seismic activity in the United States. This region includes the states of Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Nevada.
- The Tennessee Valley is an area of moderate seismic activity in the United States. This region includes the states of Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
It’s important to be prepared to take proper precautions when a strong earthquake hits these cities in the United States, so we recommend creating a family emergency plan and keeping a kit with food, water, medicine, and other essentials.
It is also important to know evacuation routes and meeting points in case of emergency. For more information on Seismic, you should call 1-888-275-8747 (option 2) or 1-888-392-8545 (web chat). You can write to [email protected], which corresponds to the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time, excluding holidays.
- Address: USGS National Center 12201 Sunrise Valley Drive Reston, Virginia 2019
What to do if there is an earthquake in America?
Based on information provided by the United States Geological Survey (USGS), I share with you the following recommendations on what to do during an earthquake.
- Stay calm and find a place for seismic protection.
- Lean against a wall or under a sturdy desk or table
- Turn off the electricity and close the water and gas valves.
- If you are on the street, stay away from buildings, poles and power cables.
- If you are at a mass event, the person should stay in place and protect their head and neck with their hands. Also, you must follow the instructions of those in charge of security at that location.
- Create a family emergency plan and practice it regularly
- If you are driving on a subway, bridge or highway, you must slow down and stop after exiting the area.
- Keep an emergency kit in your home, car and workplace
“Music ninja. Analyst. Typical coffee lover. Travel evangelist. Proud explorer.”