The Consulate General of Spain in Havana has news for those registered in the Civil Registry and waiting to apply for a Spanish passport.
In a memorandum published on November 30, the Spanish Consular Headquarters in Havana reported that new appointment slots had been opened for this procedure.
“Registered in the Consular Civil Registry until 10-31-2023, you can now access our calendar for your first passport application appointment” They tweeted.
As stated on their website, the appointment system operates for periods of time depending on the date of registration in the civil registry of the Consulate General. “Only those registered during the announced periods are allowed to book an appointment. If your registration is not from these years, you will have to wait for the corresponding period.
In order to access the system, Spaniards in Cuba will have to fill out two fields with their registration data: the ID section and the password section.
At the time of writing, it was impossible to access Go to the link to schedule an appointment To obtain your first Spanish passport at the Cuban Consulate.
Spanish passport documents in Cuba
The documents needed to apply for a Spanish passport in Cuba are:
- Previous passport.
- A valid ID, if you have it.
- If you do not have either of the previous documents or if they have expired for 3 years or more, a verbatim birth certificate is issued for the sole purpose of obtaining a passport. This document must be issued by the competent Spanish civil registry in the six months preceding the passport application.
- If the birth was registered at the Cuban consular office, it is not necessary to provide this certificate.
- 1 recent photograph (32 x 26 mm), color, on white background, taken from the front, without dark glasses or clothing that would prevent recognition of the person – clothing that leaves the oval of the face visible is acceptable.
- Original and copy of the residence card issued by the local authorities.
- Payment of fees = 30 euros.
“Music buff. Social media lover. Web specialist. Analyst. Organizer. Travel trailblazer.”