The National Institute of Immigration (INM) released information related to CBP One encounters and transit through Mexico.
In a memo released this Sunday, INM noted that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has the CBP One app, a free digital tool for immigrants from any country. point on the southwestern border of that country.
However, they found it necessary to clarify the attention given by the National Immigration Service (INM) to aliens who have an appointment to enter the United States through the CPP One application. “This does not imply the issuance of immigration documents or residence permits by the Mexican government.”.
“The INM recognizes the full respect and protection of the rights of all persons entering, traveling and exiting Mexican territory” indicate In the text.
How does CBP One work?
The CBP One app is a free digital tool developed by United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Here we explain how it works.
Steps to Register for CPP
- Download and install: Immigrants required Download the app on your mobile device.
- Account Creation: You will be prompted to create an account by entering your email address and a secure password.
- Options: Upon entry, non-citizens have to select “Passenger”, mode of travel (land, air or sea) and option to “submit information in advance” or send travel information in advance.
- Enter Personal Data: Next, you can select your language and enter the personal data of the applicant and his/her family group. Then, you’ll need to provide information about where you’re going (you’ll need an address) and an emergency contact.
- Port of Entry and Date Selection: Finally, you will select your port of entry and date based on available appointments.
Remember: The CBP One app allows you to schedule immigration appointments to report at a point of entry at the US southwest border.
However, it is important to note that the use of this application does not imply the issuance of immigration documents or residence permits by the Mexican government.
The average wait time for an appointment through the CBP One application is four to six weeks. But due to random appointments, in some cases, the wait can stretch to months.
“Music ninja. Analyst. Typical coffee lover. Travel evangelist. Proud explorer.”