Photo: S_Photo / Shutterstock
A Wayne County Woman Discovers She’s Winning $1 Million at Mega Millions By logging into your Michigan Lottery account. At first, I thought she only earned $1000.
Nikki Lawson, of Harbor Woods, Michigan, matches all five white balls (13-36-45-57-67) in a draw on July 29 to win the $1 million prize. You purchased your winning ticket online at MichiganLottery.com.
“I decided to buy a Mega Millions ticket because the jackpot was too high. The next day, I saw an email from the lottery notifying me that I had won a prize. I logged into my lottery account to see what I won, assuming it was a $1,000 prize or prize of that amount,” Lawson said.
When a pop-up appeared showing a million dollars, all I could think was, ‘That’s too many zeros to be $1000!’ “I started freaking out when I realized how much I won,” added the winner.
Lawson, 39, visited the lottery headquarters to claim his prize. With his earnings, he plans to buy a house and then save the rest of the money..
Mega Millions draws are held every Tuesday and Friday night. Each Mega Millions ticket costs only $2. For an additional $1 per spin, players have the opportunity to add a “Megaplier” that can multiply the money not tied to the jackpot up to five times.
Mega Millions tickets are sold in 45 states, Washington DC and the US Virgin Islands.
You may also like:
– Lottery Player Wins $20 Million After Picking Same Numbers for 36 Years
– Tourist wins $1 million in lottery while visiting Florida with family
– A McDonald’s worker thought she won a $20 scratch-off lottery, but she actually won a million dollars
– A Maryland lottery player won the jackpot 79 times in just one year, and now they’re investigating whether he cheated.
– A Maryland man wins the lottery twice in just two months
“Social media evangelist. Student. Reader. Troublemaker. Typical introvert.”