Honduras ended its participation in the Nations League by winning third place after defeating Costa Rica on penalties.
Along with the third-place medals and the Golden Glove for Luis “Boba” Lopez, the duo has had both positives and negatives on the road to qualifying for Qatar 2022.
Undoubtedly, Fabian Quito regained the confidence of his group and removed the doubts that prevailed after poor results in the friendlies against Nicaragua and Guatemala.
After what has been seen in the Nations League, the two-tone color leaves a good taste in the mouth and is exciting for the Gold Cup and World Cup in Qatar.
Ten things the Nations League left in Honduras
1. The third place that gave way to confirm the skeleton or spine of footballers to be used as a base in the Gold Cup and the elimination of Qatar in 2022. To be taken into account.
2. Reinforcement and return of confidence to goalkeeper Luis “Boba” Lopez, who had not played his best championship with his team in the last Clausura and took the Golden Glove for the best goalkeeper in the competition.
3. Better analysis and in-depth knowledge of the United States and Costa Rica, two of the three direct competitors in the fight for tickets for the upcoming World Cup.
4. Strengthening the 4-4-2 playing system and its variants at certain moments of the match.
5. The lack of group focus revealed at the conclusion of the games. Both goals came in the last minutes.
6. Game coordinator and organizer check out the shoes of Alexandre Lopez, who is experiencing one of the best moments of his career.
7. The growth, maturity and development of football for Albert Ellis, who was used as a central striker and also as a right winger at certain moments of the match.
8. The lack of cohesion and knowledge in the defensive zone is led by Minor Figueroa and accompanied by three new values: Kevin Alvarez, Marcelo Pereira and Diego Rodriguez.
9. The re-emergence of a new leader in the containment zone. Debbie Flores, who continues to show that he is not only doing well at Olympia but is at the height of the title in the national team.
10. Clarity or complexity? The good level of players like Edwin Rodriguez opens the doors to a starting position in the Gold Cup first team or to keep him on the Olympic roster.